Monday, February 7, 2011

Intro

Hello There.

So, my name is Kelsey and I joined the class a little late (story of my life) but, I am super excited to start the course!

I am a native Californian and started my education in Sacramento and attended a private elementary school until my family moved to Escondido when I was in third grade.  I finished the rest of my schooling right here in San Marcos, being the first graduating class of Mission Hills high school. From there I attended San Francisco State University for two years, decided it wasn't me, and came back to good old San Marcos.  I am a Mathematics major and hope to teach high school math!

As far as the technological continuum, I am on the low end. I have a mac book, an ipod and just last month acquired a touch screen cell phone. Ha. I like to kick it old school.  I am pretty clueless when it comes to the web, I still don't have a facebook or twitter! (eeek.) I am so excited to learn though, I have always wanted to start a blog and I have a feeling I will enjoy this class.

I must say, I like the mission statement. It is very inspiring and I think CSUSM stays true to it. I really like the first part of the statement. I think, like it says, we need to transform public education by having thoughtful educators.  Although I did not attend CSUSM for the mission statement, I am happy to be attending a college with such a great statement!

No comments:

Post a Comment